300 Arboretum Place Suite #310
Richmond, VA 23236
Patient Toll Free 866.651.6272
Board of Directors
Conditions for Coverage
Medical Review Board
Goals & Recommendations
Quality Incentive Program
Alerts & Recalls
Dialysis Facility Compare
Patient Advisory Committee
Patient Engagement LAN
Staff Update Form
Patients & Families
Learning and Action Networks
In January 2012, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) opened registration for CROWNWeb to all facilities. The first step of registration is to determine who at your facility will serve as the Security Official (SO) and to establish an account for that person. For more information on the role of the SO, please visit
The SO can then assign staff to other specified CROWNWeb roles for viewing or data entry.
Instructions Security Official (SO) Registration
It is very important to recognize that you must complete the SO registration process BEFORE anyone else in your facility can start his/her registration. Your prompt registration for your QIMS and CROWNWeb accounts is key to allowing your facility to complete patient and clinical data entry by the CMS required deadlines.
Please note the
below and complete them as soon as possible:
Security Awareness Training
, if you've not already done so. You will need to print the certificate once you've completed the training.
This training must be completed by anyone who will access CROWNWeb.
Before you begin the registration process, please view the
12-minute video about registering as the initial SO
This video provides key information about the process and will answer most questions.
If you encounter difficulty with the registration process, please contact the QualityNet HelpDesk at:
Phone: 866.288.8912 (8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. ET)
**DO NOT EMAIL YOUR ACCOUNT ID OR PASSWORD TO THE HELPDESK!**
PART A Form
- There are four tabs; complete all four tabs before clicking "Submit".
- The Preferred TFA Method defaults to phone; email seems to be faster than other methods.
- Business Name Search - Use only four letters of your facility name; the business name may not match what you refer to your clinic as.
- Select "Master Manager" and "Master Security Official"
- Right click and select "Print" (or you can press CTRL + P simultaneously)
- After the form is printed, click the check box on the computer screen, followed by "Submit."
- On the paper version of the form:
1. Type of Request: check "Security Official Account"
2. Organization Level: check "Facility"
3. Signature: DO NOT SIGN YOUR FORM UNTIL YOU ARE IN THE PRESENCE OF A NOTARY; you will sign and date as the "applicant"
4. On Page 2, Applications to be Accessed, check "QIMS" and "CROWNWeb"
Part B Form
(this form is handwritten only)
- Provide your First Name, Middle Name, and Last Name
- Check the "Dialysis Facility" box
- Provide your Medicare Number (generally referred to as your CCN or Provider number)
- Enter "5" as your Network Number
- Roles: check "Facility Administrator" and "Facility Editor"
- Provide information about your facility and any other faciilty you will need to access data for
Prepare your package for mailing; be sure to include:
- Signed and notarized ORIGINAL PART A Form
- Completed PART B Form
- Signed Security Awareness Training Certificate
Send your package by trackable carrier (i.e. FedEx, UPS) to:
QualityNet HelpDesk (Buccaneer, A Vangent Company)
1401 5th Street
Des Moines, IA 50266
Within a few days of the QualityNet HelpDesk receiving your package, you will receive an email as a copied recipient. You do not need to take any action in response to this email. It is basically and internal communication from the HelpDesk instructing the HelpDesk Master Manager to approve your account. The email will look similar to this:
NOTE * * * This is a system-generated email. Do NOT Reply to this message. * * *
A request for a new QIMS account was submitted for your approval as the End User Manager. Your delay in processing this request has impacted the user name below. This is a reminder to take action on this request.
Name: Your Name/Applicant
The request is scheduled for expiration on 02/20/2012 17:38:12 (ET).
Please check your QIMS Inbox and take the appropriate action on this request. If you do not take action, this request will expire. After expiration, if a user still requires access, a new request will need to be submitted.
If you have any questions regarding this notification, please contact your Security Official or
the appropriate HelpDesk for assistance:
QualityNet HelpDesk at 866.288.8912 or
ESRD Email Support at
QualityNet Identity Management System
A few days after receiving the copied email above, you will get additional emails containing your temporary passwords and permanent user IDs. You will get two accounts:
QIMS SO account
- For account activations and other Security Official actions ONLY (i.e. modifying current staff that can have access to the system). Access to this account is NOT available thru CROWNWeb; it is only used in via
, a special SO QIMS site.
QIMS User account
- For accessing (viewing and editing) patient and clinical data within the CROWNWeb system.
Once you have received your permanent user ID and temporary passwords, log into each account and set-up permanent passwords and answer the security questions.
At this point, you can initiate End User Manager registration for your staff.
Continue to monitor your email for additional information about CROWNWeb.
FOR HELP OR QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT THE QUALITYNET HELPDESK AT:
Documents are presented in Adobe PDF;
to download free Adobe Reader.